Welcome to Northgate Swimming Club
Northgate has a proud history of developing athletes both young and old, working toward their individual goals, be it learning to swim or competing at the Olympic Games and everything in between.
Based at our two sites at Bridgnorth Halo Swimming Pool and Much Wenlock Leisure Centre, we have been the home of swimming in South East Shropshire for almost half a century.
We are always welcoming of new members and if you are interested in joining our friendly club, read the details of our group structures below and contact: email@example.com
Swimming Group Structures
We currently operate the following group structure:
For our swimmers starting out.
The North “Gators”: If you are now able to swim a length, you will most likely start with our Gators group. Teachers will develop your strokes to make you more confident in the water. Starting with widths and progressing to lengths as you develop.
- Saturday Mornings – 10.30 to 11.30 Bridgnorth Halo Pool
Junior Development Squad
So you are now confident in the water and can swim several lengths of each stroke (well maybe not butterfly yet – but this will come). This next group, lead by Keith will improve your technique so that you can keep the correct style over several lengths. In this group, you will also be introduced to competitive swimming techniques of racing starts, turns and finishes.
- Monday 6pm – 7pm Much Wenlock Leisure Centre
- Wednesday 6.30pm – 7.30pm Bridgnorth Halo Pool
- Thursday 6.05pm – 7.05pm Bridgnorth Halo Pool
Junior Performance Squad
Having developed all your strokes, it is now time to develop your swim conditioning. Under the experienced guidance of “D” you will improve both your endurance and pace. Techniques to improve both facets will be taught and practiced during the sessions
- Monday 7pm – 8pm Much Wenlock Leisure Centre
- Tuesday 6pm-7pm Much Wenlock Leisure Centre
- Thursday 6pm – 7pm Much Wenlock Leisure Centre
- Saturday 9am – 10.30pm Much Wenlock Leisure Centre
- Sunday 6.30pm – 8pm Much Wenlock Leisure Centre
So you have made it all the way up to the senior squad. Here, under the leadership of Mike and “D”, you will be looking to make yourself a confident and competitive club swimmer and target the higher level opens and meets. You will be aiming towards the swims you will remember for the rest of your lives at County, Regional and National Levels.
- Tuesday 7pm-9pm Much Wenlock Leisure Centre
- Wednesday 7.45pm – 8.45pm Bridgnorth Halo
- Thursday 7pm – 9pm Much Wenlock Leisure Centre
- Saturday 7.30am – 9am Much Wenlock Leisure Centre
- Sunday 8am – 9.30am Much Wenlock Leisure Centre
For those who have an interest in swimming either both for fitness or competition, this is the group for you. A friendly bunch who motivate each other to keep the pounds off. If you find public session swimming awkward then come along and see.
- Tuesday 6.15am – 7.15am Bridgnorth Halo
- Wednesday 6.15am – 7.15am Bridgnorth Halo
- Friday 6pm – 7pm Much Wenlock Leisure Centre
- Sunday 5.30pm – 6.30pm Much Wenlock Leisure Centre